NERFA Formal Showcase Applications Open
This year’s conference offers multiple amazing ways to showcase at this year’s event!
- In-Person Formals – The legendary Stone Pony venue will host our In-Person Showcase Artists with a fully supported lighting and audio team streamed to our virtual community!
- Virtual Formals – Virtual Showcase Artists will be featured both during our online event and broadcast into the exhibit hall to everyone at the physical event. Chosen Virtual showcase artists will be asked for fifteen minute video recordings prior to the conference.
Submissions have been simplified so that artists only need to apply once for any opportunity – the only requirement is that they are registered for the conference (either through in-person attendance or virtual participation). Our registration cost for a virtual ticket is less than most organization’s submission costs! It is important to note that many other showcasing conferences and festivals do not require registration, but instead charge a fee for submissions. For the sake of ensuring that all artists will participate in the overall event, we have waived our previous application fee but require a virtual or physical registration. ALL REGISTERED ARTISTS will receive their application for a showcase with seven days of registration.
July 15, 2022: In-Person Formal Showcase Applications Close
August 15, 2022: Virtual Formal Showcase Applications Close
August 20, 2022: In-Person Formal Showcase Artists Notified
September 1, 2022: In-Person Formal Showcases Announced Publicly
September 15, 2022: Virtual Formal Showcase Artists Notified
October 1, 2022: Virtual Formal Showcase Artists Announced Publicly
October 15, 2022: Virtual Formal Showcase Artists Video Submissions Due
All in-person selected artists and accompanying musicians are required to be paid registrants of the conference. Artists who register virtually will be contacted if they are selected for an in-person showcase and can purchase an upgrade to their registration. Artists attending in-person are still eligible for Virtual Showcasing. All showcasing artists will be featured in the virtual conference which had over 2,000 hours of viewing time in 2021!
To register for the conference please visit our registration page! Registrants will receive their applications the first Monday after they register!
Other Showcase Opportunities
As in years past, there will be non-juried showcase opportunities held during the conference alongside the formal programming. Those opportunties include but are not limited to:
- Regional Group Showcases – These are private showcases hosted by various of the NERFA regional groups. Participants will be chosen by those groups, but as those partnerships are confirmed we will announce those opportunities to registered attendees (virtual and in-person).
- In-Person Private Showcases – (Previously known as Guerrilla Showcases) are back! There will be a limit of 20 showcase rooms.
- Virtual Private Showcase Rooms – Virtual Private Showcases were a HUGE hit in 2021 (over 700 hours of watched content!!) and will be returning this year
- In-Person Open Mic (In-Person Only!) – Based on first-come-first-serve, the open mic is a wonderful opportunity! The fantastic Johnny and June showcase room at our hotel will host the showcase with professional sound.
- Virtual Open Mic – Available for both Virtual and In-Person attendees and based upon a sign-up sheet (again first-come-first-serve sign-up for your chance to be on the Exhibit Hall Jumbotron. For those attending the conference in person use B&H’s Ideal Streaming Space to participate with lights and sound!