NERFA NEWS HEADLINES
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
QUAD SHOWCASE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE
NOV 7-10 IN KERHONKSON, NY.
DEADLINE IS JUNE 17.
SEE SHOWCASES MENU ON THE LEFT
The following artists have been selected from among 200 applicants to perform in the juried Formal Showcase during the 19th Annual Northeast Regional Folk Alliance (NERFA) Conference at the Hudson Valley Resort in Kerhonkson, NY, Nov. 7-10. With only 14 artists/acts chosen for 15-minute performance slots on Friday and Saturday nights, the Formal Showcase is the premiere and most coveted performance opportunity at the conference. Formal Showcases take place in the resort’s Manhattan Theater between 7 and 9:30 p.m. each night, and nothing else is allowed to compete with them.
Artists selected to perform in the 2013 Formal Showcase are:
The Boxcar Lilies
Miles to Dayton
Named as alternates were Billy Jonas and the Billy Jonas Band and SONiA & disappear fear.
June 17 is the application deadline for the Quad Showcases. A series of 15-minute showcases set for Friday and Saturday evenings, between 9:45 and 11:30, four Quad Showcases take place concurrently in nearby conference rooms equipped with professional sound and production services. Like the Formal Showcases that immediately precede them, nothing else is allowed to compete with the Quad Showcases during the conference. Artists may apply for these showcases via the NERFA website or SonicBids.
“Dianne Tankle, our longtime conference coordinator, and I have heard from many performing artists who consider being selected for one of these juried showcases to be quite an honor,” says Cheryl Prashker, NERFA’s president and percussionist to the folkies. “Many festival and concert series presenters -- for whom we offer incentives to attend -- have featured artists they’ve discovered in these showcases and had opportunities to speak with during our conference,” she adds. “Indeed, for some, the NERFA Conference serves as a primary vehicle for booking talent.”
- Focus Partners With NERFA to Host a One-Day Mini-Conference in Maryland on June 9, 2013
- RISA Partners With NERFA For One-Day
- NERFA Hosts Showcases at International Conference in Toronto
- 2012 NERFA Conference Draws Record Numbers
- NERFA 2012 Shapes Up
- Quad Showcase Artists Selected to Perform at 2012 NERFA Conference
- Artists Chosen for 2012 Suzi Wollenberg Folk DJ Showcase
- Formal Showcase Artists Selected for 2012 NERFA Conference
- NERFA Conference Set for Nov. 8-11, 2012
- NERFA Hosts Two One-Day Mini-Conferences This Spring